frequently asked questions
- Exfoliate before your session to remove dead, dry skin cells. This allows the bronzing spray to absorb into fresh, clean skin
- Skip the lotion and makeup the day of your tan
- Wear lose-fitting, dark clothing to your session
- Moisturize regularly
- Avoid long hot baths and showers as these speed up exfoliation
- Pat your skin dry after a bath or shower. Rubbing your skin may rub off your tan
- Avoid swimming pools and salt water, as these can reduce your tan.
Do not drink coffee, alcohol or energy drinks on the day of treatment. Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24 hours before treatment. Do not take omega3 (fish oil) 1 week before treatment. Do not tan or have intense sun exposure 3 days before treatment.
For the first Microblading session, the entire procedure should take about 2.5-3 hours. During this session, the brow technician will shape and style your brows for your approval.
The process itself is not painful thanks to the numbing ointment that is applied.
Micro-needling can be safely repeated every 4-6 weeks until you achieve the desired results.
What is the down time after a Microneedling treatment? Recovery after this treatment depends on the length and density of the needles.The skin will be pink or red in appearance for 24-48 hours, much like a sunburn with some minor bleeding and very occasionally some mild bruising.
It’s a quick, low pain level procedure done with numbing cream.
A Microneedling session takes just 30-60 minutes, depending on the type of skin condition and the size of the procedure area. Multiple sessions may be recommended, about 4-6 weeks apart, to achieve optimal results.